November 13-17, 2018
- I would like to follow up with the details what I discussed during Saturday, June 9th FWISC meeting. Lots of changes coming up in US Figure Skating structure, all information you can find on http://www.usfsa.org/.
See Skating Director items covered below:
- Freeskate Test requirements (skaters have an option to test with minimum test requirements to maximum competition chart requirements) at their option!
- Moves in the Field test will be slightly modified in about 2-3 years (USFS working on it)
- Excel Free Skate chart (effect September 1st of 2018)
- Juvenile – Senior 6.0 or IJS (per skater choice)
- Excel will replace Test Track
- 2019 EGL will provide Excel levels
- Competition Task Force – details file attached (effect QL level skaters only)
- 2019 Eastern Great Lakes Regional – Ann Arbor
- Official website https://www.eglregionals.com/ all registrations MUST be completed on US Figure Skating website (member log in) by September 1st
NO late entries allowed for EGL
- National Qualifying Series
- A National Qualifying Series (NQS) will be created by linking together already existing non-qualifying competitions that fall between June 1st – September 15th annually.
- Six singles athletes with the highest score, in each level, in each section, would receive an automatic advancement (treated as a “bye”) to their respective sectional event; the three pairs and dance teams with the highest score, in each level, nationwide, would receive an automatic advancement to their respective U.S. Final event, held in conjunction with one of the three sectional singles events.
- SINGLES – QL
- Sectionals – FINALS
- Top 4 advance to National Camp
- PAIRS/DANCE – QL
- Sectionals- FINALS
- Top 4 advance to National Camp
- US NATIONAL Championship
- Junior/Senior + 2 top Novice in Singles Ladies/Men compete with Juniors
- Juvenile-Novice (Singles/Pairs/Dance) Top 4 National CAMP
- FWISC skaters NEW opportunity “Theater On Ice” – details attached
- Short Term Goal: compete @ TOI Nationals
- Long Term Goal: compete Internationally
- All level skaters are WELCOME!
- Levels determine by Moves in the Field test
- Battle of the Blades
- Thank you to the skaters/parents and FWISC families on taking volunteer shifts during Battle of the Blades competition, I really appreciate! It’s extremely important for our local figure skating community to get together and will be willing to help!
- Board of Directors also doing AMAZING job by working together to get FWISC club stronger/fun/safe environment for all skaters!
- 2019 Midwestern Sectional
- November 13-17, 2018
- All days tickets- $45
- Day pass – $20
- Volunteers NEEDED
- please email Nancy Halaburda at email@example.com
- All FWISC skaters or members will have to purchase tickets to watch events
- For every 6 volunteer hours – daily ticket ($20) will be provided
- Medical Certified staff needed – if you know someone or you are in the medical field
- please email LOC Chair Alena Lunin at firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your help!
- All Days Pass ($45) will be provided for Medical Certified Staff (minimum 6 hours shift)
- 2018 Schedule
- Payment Plan
- Explains figure skating programs and developments
GOOD LUCK to all!
Smile and Enjoy the performance
Canlan Ice Sports-Fort Wayne
O: (260) 387-6614 ext.108
Fax: (260) 387-6658
SKATE DETROIT COMPETITION
FWISC is pleased to announce that Hailey Sundstrom placed 1st in short, long, and overall in intermediate ladies group A. Also, Faye Kropf placed 3rd in short, long, and overall in intermediate group B.
Skate Detroit is a very tough competition so these results are huge! Congratulations to both!
More Skate Detroit results! Congratulations to Andy Deng and Hailey Sundstrom for placing first in juvenile pairs!!! Congratulations to Sasha Lunin and Faye Kropf for placing first in intermediate pairs!!! FWISC is extremely proud of you all!
TONY TODD CARMEL INVITATIONAL
Congratulations to FWISC skaters on their results at Tony Todd Carmel Invitational Competition. In Carmel, IN on July 28-29, 2018
Jordyn Gilbert – Per-Preliminary Group B – 1st Place
Jordyn Gilbert & Troy Zimmerman – Light Entertaining DUET – 1st Place
Lilly Hinds – Beginner Compulsory – 1st Place
Lilly Hinds – Beginner Freeskate – 1st Place
Madeline Morrison – Pre-Preliminary Compulsory – 3rd Place
Madeline Morrison – Pre-Preliminary Test Track – 6th Place
Rowan Morrison – Basic 4 Elements – 3rd Place
Troy Zimmerman – Pre-Preliminary Boys – 1st Place
CONGRATULATIONS to Jordyn Gilbert on winning “Special Bette Todd Award” for BEST All Around Skater in Pre-Preliminary Event!
Way to Go Skaters!
On to Nationals!!! To recap our sectionals success, FWISC will be represented by Andy Deng & Sasha Lunin in singles events and Hailey Sundstom & Andy in pairs. There are hundreds of clubs that don’t have anybody moving on and we have three!! Just to put this in perspective for you as to how really huge this is and what a statement it makes about our club.