Hosted by the Fort Wayne Ice Skating Club! August 25-27, 2017 The Battle of the Blades 2017 will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of U.S. Figure Skating, as set forth in the current rulebook, as well as any pertinent updates which have been...
Hello FWISC members,
Couple of important things to remind and notify:
* Start on June 12th and will run for 6 weeks with the break on the week of July 4thand the week of Skate Detroit competition.
* Camps will include lots of classes throughout the day and for the training your skater receive amount that you will pay is priceless!
* To improve in anything child/athlete has to commit and nothing better than summer to do that!
* Registration link: https://www.icesports.
* Multi- Camps discounts available!
* Payment Plan available also for your convenience
“Battle of the Blades”
* August 25-27, 2017
* Please consider to register and participate! Online registration link: http://comp.entryeeze.
* Registration Deadline: July 25th
Programs Manager/Skating Director
Canlan Ice Sports-Fort Wayne
Fax: (260) 387-6658
First Competition representing FWISC: Jetta Merkle, Kensington Masek, Lilly Hinds, Tammy Dinh, Lillian Dinh
First USFS test passed: Troy Zimmerman, Kendall Robison, Abby Posner
Most USFS tests passed: Anya Ramrakhiani
Gold tests passed: Naomi Privett, Rebecca Keith, Jennifer Ballinger, Elise Wellman
Double Jump Award: Jillian Duke, Adderly Surack
Axel Award: Troy Zimmerman, Anya Ramrakhiani, Abby Posner, Jordyn Gilbert
Top Six at Nationals: Austin Hale, Sasha Lunin
Jim Pelletier Volunteer of the Year: Jeff Wenta
Skater Volunteer of the Year: Jillian Parrot
Most Dedicated Skater: Troy Zimmerman
Positive Attitude Award: Allison Leguina
Skater of the Year: Adderly Surack
The final award, as voted on by the skaters, is the Lindsey Jackson Sportsmanship Award: Winner – Chase Naylor
Test certificates and patches were also presented.
If you were not at the banquet and earned an award or test certificate, contact me or catch me at the rink.
Congratulations to all, your hard work is noticed!
Certificates of Appreciation were given to our corporate sponsors; Sweetwater Sound and The Komet Hockey Club
Congratulations to Sasha Lunin for placing fifth in the Junior Men’s category the first time competing at Nationals. He had a personal best score of 161.39.
And congratulations go to our guests, Nicolas Frantz and Katherina Frantz. They placed fifth in the Novice Pairs category at Nationals.
The 2017 Battle of the Blades online registration is OPEN. Here is the LINK.
- 6.0 events
- TT events
- IJS events (including critiques)
- Basic Skills
- Test session